Website and Cookies
We use a third party provider, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns to help us understand things such as the number of visitors, the pages visited and how long is spent on each page. Although we may know the number of unique visitors, we do not retain their IP address and we do not attempt to use this information to attempt to identify visitors and do not allow Google Analytics to do so either.
We use a third party service to help maintain the security and performance of our website. To deliver this service it processes the IP addresses of visitors to our website.
By phone – We use call number identification to recognise who is calling us and to have a short term record of calls received. We may record some calls for training and monitoring purposes. We will capture information that you give us for our records and in order to deal with your enquiry and process it in accordance with our processing basis as set out below.
By email – We encrypt some emails in order to protect customer data. If you send us an email that is not encrypted your personal data may be at risk. We will capture and process the information in the email for our legitimate interest and legal purposes.
By on-line enquiry and post – When we receive an enquiry via the enquiry form on our website or by email it will contain personal information in connection with the property(ies). We may use your details to contact you for our own marketing purposes. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Providing information to us
In providing information to us about other people you warrant that you have their permission to give us their data and that you have provided them with our privacy notice so that they are aware of the basis on which we will process their information. We store information provided to us in both electronic and paper based systems.
We may capture sensitive data about you with regards to your motivation to sell which might include your or a relatives health. If it is deemed necessary to retain this information, where it would be in your best interests we will ask your permission to do so during our initial call.
Basis of processing data
We will hold and process your data for our legitimate interests in order to:
- Determine whether or not we can buy the property
- Manage the purchase of the property working with other parties
- Calculate the level of offer we can make
- Manage any relationship with intermediaries including a record of introductions, payments made and other relevant information appropriate to managing the relationship
- Manage the relationship with our funders or anyone applying to become a funder and to maintain appropriate records relevant to that relationship
- To manage business relationships with our professional advisers, contractors and third party providers
- Share information where necessary with solicitors, surveyors and asset managers
- Share information with other companies in the same group and associated companies
- Carry out checks with fraud prevention and credit agencies and tracing agencies if required
We will hold and process your data for legal purposes in order to:
- Meet our legal obligations
- Help identify you and meet our anti-money laundering obligations
- Supply information to any government body, regulatory authority, law enforcement agency as required and to credit and fraud prevention agencies
We will hold and process your data by consent for marketing purposes in order to keep you informed of:
- Our products and services
We may use a third party provider to issue this information to you but will not share your information with any other third party for marketing purposes.
We will retain information for our legitimate interests and legal purposes as follows:
- Properties purchased – up to 2 years after the property is re-sold
- Enquiries and applications for properties not purchased – up to 1 year from the date the enquiry or application is marked not proceeded with – may be longer where a fraudulent application is made. We may also need to keep any anti-money laundering information gathered for a period of up to 5 years
- Intermediaries – up to 6 years from the end of our relationship
- Funders – up to 6 years from the end of our relationship
- Professional advisers, contractors and third party advisers – up to 6 years from the end of our relationship
We will retain your contact information for marketing purposes until such time as consent is withdrawn.
You have the right as an individual to request details on the information we hold on you and to ask us to correct any information which may be inaccurate.
You are also able to exercise your right to be forgotten. This does not mean we will have to automatically delete all information held on you as we may still need to keep appropriate information in order to meet our legal obligations and for our legitimate interests.
There are other rights which, due to the basis on which we process data, you may not always be able to exercise. These include:
- To restrict processing of your data
- To provide your data in a portable format
- To object to the processing of your data
You might also wish to complain about the way in which we have processed your data.
To exercise your rights or to make a complaint about how we process your data please make contact with us.
You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office. You can make a complaint to them via their website www.ico.org.uk or by calling them on 0303 123 1113.
Changes to this privacy notice